Good morning Clockhouse
I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and you have enjoyed some time together as a family, at least the weather has been a little better. Last week we had another good week as a school for both those in school or those engaging with our virtual school. We are looking forward to more of the same at home and at school this week as we get that little bit closer to the end of the term and the year. It seems impossible to comprehend that the school year is nearly over.
Well done and thank you to all those who took part in the OCA Sponsored Event. Please ensure that money raised is sent in via your sQuid account or brought to the school prior to the summer holiday. Thank you also to all those who have taken the time to send us something from our wish list, it is so kind and thoughtful of you and the children will love the new resources in September. If you would like to have a look at the list and perhaps send us something, please click in the link below: https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2A2R4W1B0874A/ref=hz_ls_biz_ex
Thank you also to all those who have completed the end of year questionnaire, which does not only provide us with information about the school but also about September. If you have not done so already, please so take the time to complete it by following the link below (you have until the end of the day tomorrow):
For all the children back at school, with the exception of Team Hawaii this week will be the last week at school, so either Tuesday or Friday will be the last day. School will continue to be open to Team Hawaii until Wednesday 22nd July when we will close for the summer. During these last three days, not only will Team Hawaii be in school, we are also looking forward to meeting and welcoming our new children who will be joining Reception or Greenland in September.
It is business as usual this week so:
What you all need you know:
- There will continue to be school staff in school every day on a rota system.
- The best way to contact teachers / school staff continues to be by messaging via Class Dojo.
- The school phones will only be manned between 7.45am and 3.30pm. Please do not hesitate to call, even if it is only for a chat. If we cannot talk at that moment, someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please only use option 1, 2, 3 and 5, as other lines will not be manned due to the reduced work force each day.
- Should your child be eligible for Free School Meals and moving forward you decide that you need support, please alert us in good time. The last date for this will be Wednesday this week (8th July).
- Please be aware, currently we do not have capacity to take extra children into the ‘bubbles’.
What you need to know if you are at home (this includes days when those returning are not at school):
- We are very much looking forward to working with you virtually again this week.
- This week the theme is ‘Time to say Goodbye’ and will provide the children with the opportunity to reflect on the year they have had. Different challenges linked to the theme will be posted every day. Again both new and current teachers will be looking at this!
- Again with there being more children in school this week there will again be increased staff. This means that on days where staff are in school working with children a different member of teaching staff will be manning the classes Google Classroom and Dojo. As far as is possible this will be a consistent member of staff but with more children returning this week this may vary.
What you need to know if you are coming into school:
- For those children coming to school due to parents / carers being key workers etc., separate information has been sent to you via Class Story on Class Hawaii’s Dojo.
- Each year group will continue to access the part time timetable as below:
- Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday (you know your days) – Nursery (Drop off 8.45 – 9.00 / Pick up 11.30 – 11.45 or 3.15 – 3.30). Entrance via the Driveway, exit via the front playground – follow the orange arrows.
- Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday (you know your days) – Reception (Drop off 8.45 – 9.00 / Pick up 3.15 – 3.30). Entrance via the Driveway, exit via the front playground – follow the green arrows.
- Monday and Tuesday – Year 2 (Drop off 8.45 – 9.00 / Pick up 3.15 – 3.30). Entrance via the Driveway, exit via the front playground – follow the blue arrows.
- Monday and Tuesday – Year 4 (Drop off 8.50 – 9.00 / Pick up 3.05 – 3.15). Entrance and exit via the back gate.
- Monday and Tuesday – Year 5 (Drop off 8.40 – 8.50 / Pick up 2.55 – 3.05). Entrance and exit via the back gate.
- Thursday and Friday – Year 1 (Drop off 8.45 – 9.00 / Pick up 3.15 – 3.30). Entrance via the Driveway, exit via the front playground – follow the blue arrows.
- Thursday and Friday – Year 3 (Drop off 8.50 – 9.00 / Pick up 3.05 – 3.15). Entrance and exit via the back gate.
- Thursday and Friday – Year 6 (Drop off 8.40 – 8.50 / Pick up 2.55 – 3.05). Entrance and exit via the back gate.
- School will only be open on a Wednesday for cleaning and for Key Worker children
- The arrangements for waiting, queuing and circulation continue to apply. If you are newly back this week, you will get used to it and we will all be there to help you along the way.
- Break times and lunchtimes will be staggered. Whilst lunchtime will be shortened, extra break times for each bubble will be implemented. Allocated areas for play will be given to each bubble.
- All movement around the school will be in an anti-clockwise direction.
- When dropping off and picking up we ask that you ‘keep moving’ and maintain social distancing by using the #ourclockhousefamily markers which have been sprayed on the floor. Any communication with staff will need to be via Class Dojo or via phone and only one parent will be allowed onto site.
- You will not be permitted into the building and please do stand back from the door socially distancing from others. Please do keep away from classroom doors in order to protect the staff. Thank you for your understanding with this. The children will be ready and we will endeavor to get them out to you quickly when picking up.
- Children can come to school dressed appropriately in uniform or in their own clothes, whichever is easier for you and for them. Children must come to school in clean clothes each day. Government advice says that when children get home from school they should change and wash immediately and clothes they have worn to school should also be washed immediately.
- As the weather gets warmer the children will be spending more time outside. Please do ensure they have the necessary protection – hat, sun cream etc. as well as a water bottle.
- A hat, water bottle, a coat (if needed), a packed lunch (should they be bringing one from home) and a pot of moisturiser will be the only things that will be permitted in school. Please leave book bags etc. at home.
- We will be providing the children with breakfast should they want it.
- If you wish your child to have a school lunch, which will be a packed lunch, please make sure that you sQuid account is topped up. The menu will be the same as last week. Lunches will be in the classrooms. The lunch menu remains the same as the last two weeks.
We continue to plan for September using both the Government Guidance and the local expectations that are being placed on us. I hope to be in a position to communicate our early plans to you prior to the end of the term. However, with more guidance coming out on 11th August (so we are told) some of this communication will need to take place during the summer holiday.
As we come towards the end of the term, look out for various videos coming your way. We will be starting a values series this week, where there will be a different school value shared with you each day and a video to showcase how we carry them out on a daily basis. We hope you enjoy them.
As I am sure you have already seen, the information about the Zoom ‘Meet the Teacher’ sessions came out last week. If you have not seen this the protocol, that needs to be adhered to, and the times for these meetings can be viewed on School Story on Class Dojo. All meetings will take place on Monday 20th July. Annual school reports will be coming out to you all on Monday via Dojo and this will include the link to the Zoom meeting for you all.
Please keep sharing your pictures with us, we love seeing them and it really does brighten up our day. By sharing with us via class dojo or our other platforms, we will take this as your consent for wider sharing. If you do not want photos shared please do not send them.
We continue to miss you all so much and truly cannot wait see some more of you back at school in September. Your resilience during this time as parents / carers is admirable as has the children’s resilience been. This time continues to remind us even more how wonderful you are, how important you all are to us all but ultimately what a privilege we have working with such a wonderful and supportive community – thank you Clockhouse.
As always, I am sure you will want to join with me in thanking those in our community who are front line and key workers and also our great staff team. Again we are so lucky to have such an amazing community who has pulled together during this difficult time.
Please look after yourselves and each other!
We are still one community and are here for you all.
Our school – a family and a home for everyone!
Keep smiling and stay safe