Good afternoon Clockhouse
Well done last week – how are you all finding home schooling?
You have all amazed us with you commitment and support and again thank you for your kind messages, support and respect during this hard time. It is hard for us all but is made so much easier by you working with us!
I hope you are all keeping well and staying indoors for the good of everyone! We do continue to ask that you do not put undue pressure on yourselves or the children at this difficult time. Please remember that whilst learning is important to keep some routine going, having fun is also equally important.
As we get more used to this new regime, I wanted to keep you up to date with what it happening:
- There will continue to be school staff in school everyday, but this will be on a rota basis. This will be significantly reduced as of tomorrow to ensure as many people as possible remain well.
- The best way to contact teachers / school staff is messaging via Class Dojo, they will be online throughout the day this week and will get back to you as soon as they can. You can also communicate with them via Google Classroom.
- The school phones will only be manned between 7.45am and 4.00pm. Please do not hesitant to call, even if it is only for a chat. If we cannot talk at that moment, someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please only use option 3 and 5, as other lines will not be manned due to the reduced work force each day.
- We will continue to ask for a weekly return from those key workers who may need child care for the next week, please wait to be asked for this. Please do keep in mind that the government are very clear that ‘you should only send your child to school if you have to, because your work is critical to the COVID-19 response. If you are able to keep your child at home, you should’.
- Should your child be eligible for Free School Meals and moving forward you decide that you need to access this, please alert us in good time. All those who have already alerted us will be joined to ‘The Lunchroom’ on Dojo and will receive a separate message.
- Tomorrow you will receive another overview with activities and websites to use. This will be sent out via Dojo etc. You will also receive daily learning via Google Classroom this week. I will also be setting the daily challenges etc. Thank you to all who have got involved.
- The school will continue to be open during the Easter Holiday for those who need it, but as I am sure you can understand school staff and the children do need to break as such! For the two weeks of the holiday daily learning will not be set but you will receive the weekly overview and the daily challenges to keep you going should you wish to use these. Dojo and Google Classroom will not be a closely manned during this time but you will still be able to get in contact with us should you need it. Normal business for home learning will resume on 20th April.
- We have a range of resources to support the mental health of adults and children during this difficult time. Should you want these, please get in touch with us directly and we will share these with you.
Please keep sharing your pictures with us, we love seeing them. Be sharing with us via class dojo or our other platforms, we will take this as your consent for wider sharing. If you do not want photos shared please do not send them.
These are very strange, unprecedented times. I really am doing my best as are the team but please bear with us!
I am sure you will want to join with me in thanking those in our community who are front line and key workers and also our great staff team who are working so hard during this difficult time.
Thank you for your kind messages and on-going support, it really keeps us going and makes us smile.
We are still one community and are here for you all. Our school – a family and a home for everyone!
Keep smiling and stay safe.